[Box-Admins] Re: Allow updates to Jenkins on Box3?

Chris Cunnington smalltalktelevision at gmail.com
Thu Oct 18 13:15:50 UTC 2012

On 12-10-18 8:38 AM, Ken Causey wrote:
> There is an update for Jenkins available via Apt today on the new server
> (1.486 vs installed 1.485).  Is there any reason we should be cautious
> about upgrading Jenkins or can I just feel free?
>
> If it should not be upgraded at will we should probably pin that package
> and of course any others that you want to treat specially.
>
> Ken
I don't see any reason why it shouldn't continually update. The plugins
will say they have updates on a regular basis as well. I imagine that's
the way people in the wider Jenkins world operate. Pinning a version,
from what little experience I have, doesn't really feel like 'The
Jenkins Way'.™

Chris