[Box-Admins] Permissions solved; now it's identification

Frank Shearar frank.shearar at gmail.com
Mon Oct 22 18:53:27 UTC 2012

On 22 October 2012 19:07, Chris Cunnington
<smalltalktelevision at gmail.com> wrote:
> I took care of the permissions. Now it says:
>
> Caused by: hudson.plugins.git.GitException: Command "git tag -a -f -m
> Jenkins Build #13 jenkins-SqueakTrunk-13" returned status code 128:
> stdout:
> stderr:
> *** Please tell me who you are.
>
> Run
>
>   git config --global user.email "you at example.com"
>   git config --global user.name "Your Name"
>
> to set your account's default identity.
> Omit --global to set the identity only in this repository.
>

> I did some of that and it is not yet mollified:
>
> chriscunnington at box3-squeak:/var/lib/jenkins$ git config --global user.email
> "frank.shearar at gmail.com"
> chriscunnington at box3-squeak:/var/lib/jenkins$ git config --global user.name
> "Frank Shearar"

Ah cool, permissions box checked! I find it strange that it should
want this, to be honest. But you'll need to run those commands as
whatever jenkins uses to run the git commands. Otherwise you're
setting your _own_ credentials. Another thing you could do is run
those and copy your ~/.gitconfig to the home directory of that user
(and chown it appropriately).

frank