[Box-Admins] squeak.org down

Levente Uzonyi leves at elte.hu
Tue Sep 11 06:14:59 UTC 2012

Hi,

all web(port 80) services went down today on the box. I checked apache and
found that it's not listening on port 80 on IPv4, only on IPv6. It was
listening on port 443 though using IPv4. I tried a simple restart first,
but it didn't help, error.log had no info either. So I checked
/etc/apache2/ports.conf and rewrote the line

Listen 80

Listen 0.0.0.0:80

After another restart (somehow restart alone doesn't work, it just stops
the server) apache started listening on port 80, only IPv4 this time (I
guess it's okay for now, eth0 only has a link-local IPv6 address).

Squeaksource and the web interface of the mailing list are working, but
the main website, map and bugs are down (not sure about others).

Someone with deeper knowledge of the system please take a look.

Cheers,
Levente