[Box-Admins] What do I need to ask the SFC for on Wednesday?

Ken Causey ken at kencausey.com
Mon Sep 24 15:10:19 UTC 2012

It would help if I knew the intention: Is the goal to replace the entire
current Hetzner server with a single Gandi VPS instance?  Or is this
meant to just be one server out of two or three we use in the future?

What happened with Softlayer?  I'm completely out of the loop here and I
don't know at this point what you are trying to accomplish.

If I can wish upon a star then we could make very good use of 4 cores,
4GB RAM, and 500GB of disk.  The cost of that though seems ridiculous.
Keep in mind that one of the primary things we do is store and serve
content, and images and .source files are not small.  It seems like disk
space is what drives up the costs quickly at Gandi and really it would
be difficult to manage with less than 148GB of disk, although good and
readily accessible backup could reduce that somewhat.  It seems we also
have to plan for the future though, perhaps for many years into it, and
disk space is constantly consumed.  The cores are least important
although 2 would be very nice anyway.

Of course anything less than the above would be usable for at least some
part of our services I'm sure.  Please find my public ssh key attached.
What we call it is I assume an internal detail and so as such is not
very important.

Ken