[Board] RE: [Box-Admins] What do I need to ask the SFC for on Wednesday?

Levente Uzonyi leves at elte.hu
Tue Sep 25 00:06:35 UTC 2012

On Mon, 24 Sep 2012, Ken Causey wrote:

> [...]

During the weekend I installed Jenkins on our VPS at Hetzner. It uses
about 170 MB memory and 50 MB disk space alone. I added the SqueakTrunk
job from squeakci.org to it, which updates a Trunk image and runs the
tests. That job creates about 25 MB of data each build (image file,
changes file). Since the test fires up a CogVM with a Trunk image,
additional 20 MB of memory is being used during the build.

So even a single Share Gandi VPS could run Jenkins right now, but we only
have 3 jobs yet (2 working atm). The goal is to have like 10+ of
them. I expect every job to be run twice a day on average when automatic
triggers are installed. So 10 jobs, 2 builds per job per day and 25 MB
extra disk space per build means, 500 MB new data per day (the VM building
jobs might require less space per build and we might not keep the
artifacts of all builds, so this is more like an upper bound).

I think at least 2 Shares (1 CPU, 1GB RAM, 20 Mbps guaranteed
bandwidth) and 60 GB disk space (10 GB for the OS and environment + 100
days build history with artifacts) is enough for Jenkins.

Levente