[Box-Admins] Re: SqueakSource

David T. Lewis lewis at mail.msen.com
Mon Aug 26 23:50:58 UTC 2013

On Mon, Aug 26, 2013 at 07:07:43PM +0000, Pape, Tobias wrote:

> Which SqS are you referring to? Fabrizio once send Andreas and Me a (then current) image of the squeaksource.com (SS.C) and
> IIRC, it just had VNC running, so you probably are referring to source.squeak.org (S.S.O)?
> Sorry, I also do not understand what you mean by the original design being ?hacked? for image-based persistence.

The image for squeaksource.com works as you say, with the VNC server running
entirely in the image. I a running a test copy right now on build.squeak.org:8888,
and you can connect to it with web browser, Monticello, or VNC client on display 1
with VNC password "Squeak99" (*).

> Am 26.08.2013 um 19:30 schrieb Chris Muller <ma.chris.m at gmail.com>:
>

> > Such a misfortune could wipe out the entire community if we were unable to recover from a backup.

Really?!? Wow, first Y2K and now this ;-)

Dave

(*) These messages are archived, so I will change the VNC password and/or take
the test image down within the next 24 hours.