[Box-Admins] Build.squeak.org and apache configuration

Ken Causey ken at kencausey.com
Thu Jan 10 21:13:00 UTC 2013

Since no one else piped up, for now I've setup build.squeak.org to point
to Jenkins.  We can always add something else or change this easily
enough.  I left squeakci.org as an alias.  Of course if that domain name
is allowed to expire we should remember to remove that.

Since our servers tend to host a number of services under various
hostnames we have found it useful to utilize the sites-available and
sites-enabled directories under /etc/apache2 and avoid modifying the
apache2.conf.  The idea is to create a file in sites-available with the
information necessary for a specific website.  Then to actually make it
work create a symlink in sites-enabled which points to the file in
sites-available.  Run sudo apache2ctl configtest to be sure that no
mistake was made, then run sudo apache2ctl graceful to have apache
reload it's configuration files and make the changes take effect.
Something similar can be done with mods-available and mods-enabled once
we find the need.  One of the benefits of this system is that if there
is a problem and one of the config files is suspected then you can
temporarily remove it from the configuration by simply deleted the
symlink and having apache reload the config.  The configuration text
remains and you can simply relink it when ready (and have apache reload
again).

I went ahead and modified the config on box3 and setup such a file for
build.squeak.org.