[Box-Admins] Re: [Webteam] squeak.org - next iteration

Chris Cunnington smalltalktelevision at gmail.com
Thu Jan 24 21:07:46 UTC 2013

On 2013-01-24 4:01 PM, Bert Freudenberg wrote:
> On 24.01.2013, at 12:56, Chris Cunnington <smalltalktelevision at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> On 2013-01-24 3:54 PM, Bert Freudenberg wrote:
>>> Well, if this is a link inside the squeak dir then it would be fine. Question is why that symlink is needed at all though.
>>>
>>> - Bert -
>>>

>> It's needed because Altitude needs access to libcrypto.
>>
>> Chris
>
> Why doesn't it find it in the standard location?
>
> - Bert -

That question is beyond me. Colin developed Altitude on a Mac, which
does not have this problem. Upon deploying it in Linux I was confronted
by the problem, read some VM source code, and came up with this solution
(by holding on by my fingernails). I'm sure it's unsightly, but it
works. That's my way of saying, I don't know.

Chris