[Box-Admins] Re: [Webteam] squeak.org - next iteration

Frank Shearar frank.shearar at gmail.com
Sat Jan 26 21:55:42 UTC 2013

On 26 January 2013 21:07, Chris Cunnington
<smalltalktelevision at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 2013-01-26 3:55 PM, Frank Shearar wrote:
>>
>> On 24 January 2013 20:39, Chris Cunnington
>> <smalltalktelevision at gmail.com> wrote:

>>> OK, it sounds like I only need to change the symlink [1] to
>>> /usr/lib32/libcrypto.so. That'll probably do it.
>>
>> Turns out I think I just ran into this problem. But I don't think it's
>> Altitude, but Xtreams-Xtras, which has classes like XTBCrypt, XTHMAC
>> and the link.
>>
>> frank
>
> That's an absolute certainty. In saying it was Altitude, I was just being
> terse. XTLibCryptoHMAC>>#HMAC_CTX_init:, XTLibCryptoHash>>#EVP_MD_CTX_init:,
> etc.
>
> It may be a coincidence, but every libcrypto accessing method uses
> underscores, which the image complains about bitterly. Every time I click on
> one such method I get a source code warning. I think underscores may be a
> VisualWorks thing that got dragged over to Squeak, where we don't do that.
> FWIW.

I_really_like_underscores, but you can probably avoid the problem by
giving in with "Scanner prefAllowUnderscoreSelectors: true".

You can see in Colin's latest installer where he does that just to
load in things, and then restores it to whatever it was. (In fact, if
we have to do that enough, we should wrap it:

Scanner allowUnderscoresDuring: [
  "Load funky Xtreams-Xtra stuff"
])

frank