[Box-Admins] Re: [squeak-dev] Updating the website (was :Squeak 4.4 download link on squeak.org home page?)

Ken Causey ken at kencausey.com
Fri Mar 8 14:28:58 UTC 2013

 --------- Original Message ---------
Subject: Re: [Box-Admins] Re: [squeak-dev] Updating the website (was :Squeak 4.4 download link on squeak.org home page?)
From: Janko Mivšek<janko.mivsek at eranova.si>
Date: 3/7/13 3:36 am
To: "Squeak" <squeak-dev at lists.squeakfoundation.org>
Cc: "Squeak Hosting Support" <box-admins at lists.squeakfoundation.org>, "Squeak Web Team list" <webteam at lists.squeakfoundation.org>

Hi guys,

 Download link to the 4.4 all-in-one on the website is now updated.

 As Ken already noticed the image is unfortunately broken on the GUI side
 (see attached screenshot) and therefore unmaintainable, but it is still
 working headless, persistence is working by snapshots every hour,
 content can be edited, etc. So, we can continue to run it for quite a
 while but a reserve scenario is needed anyway.

 I'd propose that at least for short-term we continue with last summer
 action to upgrade website to the latest Aida. Then I namely managed to
 migrate most of it already, maybe a day or two is yet needed to finish
 that part.

 This way Chris can have a time to continue work on a new website. At
 least on the new design and content if not the complete one. Newest Aida
 6.5 namely supports Twitter Bootstrap CSS framework used for the new
 design, so we can adopt the new design easily, if needed.

 For the end I specially like to thank Ken for the help and exact
 instructions how to restart and run the website in the future.

 Best regards
 Janko
Thanks Janko!  Does the site need to remain running under VNC for now or can I put it back in its usual state under daemontools again?