[Box-Admins] Re: Stuck processes on build.squeak.org?

Frank Shearar frank.shearar at gmail.com
Mon Mar 18 17:37:04 UTC 2013

On 18 March 2013 17:18, Ken Causey <ken at kencausey.com> wrote:
> I had a busy weekend and am just now getting around to checking the build
> server.  It seems that on the 16th some Jenkins task(s) left behind
> processes.   Here is an except from ps auwx:
>
> jenkins  21613  0.0  0.0   1748    64 ?        S    Mar16   0:00 sh -c nice
> /var/lib/jenkins/workspace/ExternalPackages/target/cog.r2701/coglinux/bin/squeak
> -vm-sound-null -vm-display-null
> "/var/lib/jenkins/workspace/ExternalPackages/target/Control.image"
> /var/lib/jenkin
> jenkins  21615  1.7  0.3 1054528 3100 ?        SN   Mar16  49:42

<snip>

> I would just kill these processes but I'm not sure if that is a good idea.

Feel free to kill those. I'd thought that killing the builds through
Jenkins would have killed these, but it seems not.

I'm busy hacking on the build scripts again, and hopefully - once I
beat the ExternalPackages build into working again - most of the
ExternalPackage-foo jobs will disappear, subsumed into a much more
efficient build process.

frank