[Box-Admins] For information - possible squeaksource.com issue

David T. Lewis lewis at mail.msen.com
Mon Nov 11 04:23:27 UTC 2013

For information - no action required:

Our squeaksource.com service is running with no apparent problems, but
there is a possibility of problems arising in the next day, so I am
sending this for information.

I checked our squeaksource.com image on box3 via VNC about an hour ago,
and noticed an error notifier related to startup processing following
an image save. The error was related to port 8888 already in use. I
closed the notifier, then found that http://squeaksource.com was no
longer active.  I made a backup copy of the most recently saved disk
image (in a BACKUPS subdirectory), then saved the image and restarted
it.

Squeaksource.com is running normally, but VNC access is no longer
working. This means that something failed in the startup processing,
and this may lead to problems later on. It also means that it is
hard to debug, because I no longer have VNC access.

I cannot do anything further tonight, but will follow up tomorrow
to correct the problem.