[Box-Admins] source.squeak.org startup issue resolved?

Ken Causey ken at kencausey.com
Sat Nov 16 17:09:10 UTC 2013

In preparation for our chat later today regarding SqueakSource issues I
should note that late yesterday I seem to have stumbled onto a (I say
'A') solution for the issue we have had with source.squeak.org where
supervise (daemontools) was not able to start, or at least keep running,
the source.squeak.org instance.

I 'fixed' it by modifying the run script so that it refers directly to
the VM executable (under /usr/local/lib/) rather than use the shell
script in /usr/local/bin/.  I don't understand why this fixed it, I
don't understand why it ever broke.  In fact I'm pretty sure I tried
this before to no effect.

Confused,