[Box-Admins] box3.squeak.org off line - HELP neeeded

David T. Lewis lewis at mail.msen.com
Sun Oct 6 14:39:38 UTC 2013

On Sun, Oct 06, 2013 at 04:31:05PM +0200, Tobias Pape wrote:
> Am 06.10.2013 um 16:15 schrieb "David T. Lewis" <lewis at mail.msen.com>:
>
> > I cannot ping box3.squeak.org, which is our build.squeak.org and squeaksource.com
> > server. The box4.squeak.org box is responding, but box3 times out on a ping.
> >
> > Can someone please check it and restart if needed? If rebooted, the squeaksource.com
> > service will require a manual restart as per ~ssdotcom/README.
> >
> > I have limited connectivity today but will try to keep in touch.
> >
> > A root cause analyis will be in order, and since squeaksource.com is the
> > most recent change on box3.squeak.org, that will be an obvious suspect.
> >

> Aparently, box3/Squeaksource is up and running. I cannot see anythin suspicous on the
> box (wich is clearly reachable via ssh?)
>
> Best
> 	-Tobias

Thanks for the quick reply!

It is on line again for me now as well, and I can see that the squeaksource
image has been running without interruption for a couple of days, so the
box3 server did not go down.

The server was definitely not responding to my pings for a period of at least
several minutes (possibly much longer), and the box4 server was responding at
that time, so a network problem seems unlikely.

Still concerned but feeling much better now,