[Box-Admins] box3.squeak.org off line - HELP neeeded

Chris Muller asqueaker at gmail.com
Wed Oct 9 00:54:05 UTC 2013

I just deployed an updated image for "new trunk" at
box4.squeak.org:8888/trunk.  This is the one that uses the Magma
backend.  I haven't done any benchmarks but the response time seems
pretty snappy, even compared to regular source.squeak.org.  Could be
due to Cog, the Magma backend, or box4 being under less load than
box3.

I need to tell you -- I did experience a 1GB memory situation myself
the other day!  No idea how it could happen especially since I'm
doubtful there was any significant level of activity.

It was strange, but I simply restarted it.  Now I'll really keep my eyes open.