[Box-Admins] squeaksource.com mail disabled (was: box3.squeak.org off line)

David T. Lewis lewis at mail.msen.com
Thu Oct 10 12:54:33 UTC 2013

On Wed, Oct 09, 2013 at 04:07:47PM -0400, David T. Lewis wrote:
> On Wed, Oct 09, 2013 at 02:06:09PM -0500, Chris Muller wrote:
> > On Wed, Oct 9, 2013 at 11:42 AM, David T. Lewis <lewis at mail.msen.com> wrote:
> > >
> > > Outbound mail notification from squeaksource.com is disabled, so that
> > > should not have been a concern.
> >
> > Which switch are you referring to that is "disabled"?  Did you check
> > SSProject>>#versionAdded:?  For the path of someone saving a version,
> > it _unconditionally_ sends out mail to all subscribers, there is no
> > single switch to disable that..
> >

> I found was some attribute that I set false, which seems to control it globally.

For the record - the mail delivery in the squeaksource.com image is controlled by
SSEMailSubscription class>>enabled:

I have it set false now. If true or nil, the system will attempt to send mail.

Another global setting of interest is allowRegisterProject. This is an attribute
in the SSRepository, and is currently set to false, as has been the case since
earlier this year. If we want to permit new project creation, this setting
can be changed. But I think that should be a board decision, for consideration
only after we are confident that the system is stable and maintainable.