[Box-Admins] Re: squeaksource.com image update (was: Does source.squeak.org have the socket leak problem?)

David T. Lewis lewis at mail.msen.com
Fri Oct 18 20:17:02 UTC 2013

> On Fri, Oct 18, 2013 at 12:59 PM, David T. Lewis <lewis at mail.msen.com>
> wrote:
>> At this point, the SqueakSource code in our squeaksource.com image
>> should be identical to that of our source.squeak.org image. If I fix
>> anything, I'll certainly commit the changes, but someone else fixed the
>> socket leak problem and all I did is get squeaksource.com updated to
>> take
>> advantage of those fixes.
>
> What are those fixes?  I would like to ensure they're part of the
> new-trunk SS image at box4.squeak.org:8888.

I do not know what the fixes were, and I cannot say if they were fixes to
SqueakSource, Seaside, or something in Squeak itself. I would certainly
expect that the new image you are preparing on box4 will already contain
the necessary fixes, but the only way find out for sure is to keep an eye
on your new image and watch for socket leaks. That's just a matter of
watching /proc/<squeakpid>/fd/* and looking at how many sockets are open.
If the number grows over time, that's not good. If the total number of
open file descriptors approaches 1024, it is a Very Bad Thing.