[Box-Admins] Re: squeaksource.com image changes

David T. Lewis lewis at mail.msen.com
Wed Oct 30 19:05:16 UTC 2013

I'm not sure if I replied to this earlier or not, sorry if it is a duplicate.

I don't really have time to track down the socket leak issues, although I
certainly hope someone can do so, and yes any fixes should go into the
repository.

The squeaksource.com and source.squeak.org images are hopefully running on
identical code bases, modulo a few workspace tweaks. I assume that
whatever issues we are seeing with squeaksource.com are also present in
source.squeak.org, and I would expect that any differences in socket leak
behavior are likely related to usage patterns as opposed to differences in
the code.

I still plan to get squeaksource.com running under the supervision of
supervise(8) as per the earlier guidance from Ken. That's what I meant by
"setting it up properly". I want to follow existing administrative
guidelines so the image will be started and monitored in the way the
box-admins would expect.

Dave