[Box-Admins] Server needed for squeaksource hosting [caracciolo@iam.unibe.ch: Re: squeaksource.com transition to new server]

David T. Lewis lewis at mail.msen.com
Sun Sep 15 22:05:19 UTC 2013

An update on the SqueakSource move:

I have moved our copy of squeaksource.com from my personal user account
on box3.squeak.org to a newly created account ssdotcom on the same
server. All files are now owned by ssdotcom, and the server image is
running from a supervisory script ~ssdtocom/SqueakSource/runimage.sh that
will restart the image in the event of failure (although that it is not
yet wired in to the system start scripts).

Our copy of squeaksource.com has been running without problems on
http://box3.squeak.org:8888 (albeit with no load) for about three weeks,
so I have moved it to the dedicated ssdotcom account, and I will continue
to keep it active there until we can finalize the move.

The most important thing I need to do next is get it running behind
Apache on port 80. Unfortunately I have no real experience setting
up Apache, so there is a chance that I may screw things up build.squeak.org
(which runs on box3 also), so apologies in advance if that happens.

I am keeping some notes in our admin log on box3 /root/admin-log.txt,
so if anything looks broken please look there to see how I broke it.

Dave