[Box-Admins] Starting squeaksource behind port 80 on box3 (was: MC accessing 'source/squeak.org' fails with 301/301 type error)

David T. Lewis lewis at mail.msen.com
Sat Sep 21 16:31:39 UTC 2013

On Sat, Sep 21, 2013 at 10:27:43AM +0200, Tobias Pape wrote:
> Am 20.09.2013 um 14:30 schrieb David T. Lewis <lewis at mail.msen.com>:

> [?]
> >> No, I meant, is there something (interesting) in that logs :)
> >
> > The two log files exist but are empty so far.
>
> better than errors?

> >> :) I am on box-admins, too ;)
> >>
> >> Best
> >> 	-Tobias
> >
> > If I get you an account on box3, could you look at the apache configurations
> > (what user ID do you prefer)?
> tpape

Thanks, I created user account tpape on box3.squeak.org with sudo privileges.
I will send the password to you in a separate email.

If you make any system changes, please edit the file /root/admin-log.txt to leave a record of what you did.

Squeaksource.com is running from user account ssdotcom.

> > I won't have much time to work on this until
> > Sunday evening, but perhaps if you could look at it you will be able to see
> > what I have been missing.
> I will.
> >
> > My immediate goal is to get it working such that http://build.squeak.org brings
> > up the existing Jenkins home page (running on port 8080), and http://box3.squeak.org
> > brings up the squeaksource home page (running on 8888).
>
> so the public port in both cases is 80 and the names bulid.? and box3.? respectively?

Yes, we have build.squeak.org pointing to the Jenkins home. That is the site
that people expect to see, and we need to be careful not to break this during
the transition.

The name box3.squeak.org points to the same machine, but just brings up a
default web page. I want to temporarily arrange for http://box3.squeak.org
to bring up the squeaksource.com site (running on 8888), and once we are
comfortable that it works happily alongside build.squeak.org, we will
change it to work with the URL for squeaksource.com.

> > This will confirm that both servers can run on box3 without conflict. Once
> > this is done, we can change the configuration to support http://squeaksource.com
> > and update DNS records accordingly.
>
> Yey.
>
> Best