[Box-Admins] Starting squeaksource behind port 80 on box3 (was: MC accessing 'source/squeak.org' fails with 301/301 type error)

Levente Uzonyi leves at elte.hu
Sat Sep 21 19:30:55 UTC 2013

I've checked the config file. I think the following lines should be
added:

     ProxyRequests Off #We don't want to be an open proxy
     ProxyPreserveHost On #Seaside might need this
     ProxyPassReverse / http://127.0.0.1:8888/ #Seaside might need this

I prefer to use 127.0.0.1 instead of "localhost", because the image
listens only on the IPv4 address, and I ran into situations where
"localhost" resolved to an IPv6 address. So I'd replace the line 41 with:

     RewriteRule ^/(.*)$ http://127.0.0.1:8888/$1 [P,L]

Using vhost_combined for log format is not necessary, since squeaksource
will have its own log files. So I'd replace line 23 with:

     CustomLog ${APACHE_LOG_DIR}/squeaksource-access.log combined

www.box3.squeak.org doesn't resolve to the same IP as box3.squeak.org, so
line 9 and 10 should be replaced for now with:

     ServerName box3.squeak.org

Levente