[Box-Admins] Starting squeaksource behind port 80 on box3

David T. Lewis lewis at mail.msen.com
Mon Sep 23 12:04:50 UTC 2013

On Mon, Sep 23, 2013 at 12:37:47PM +0200, Bert Freudenberg wrote:

> On 2013-09-23, at 01:12, "David T. Lewis" <lewis at mail.msen.com> wrote:
>
> > Squeaksource.com is currently using a proxy server that apparently is activited in the squeaksource image with this:
> >
> >  HTTPSocket useProxyServerNamed: 'proxy.unibe.ch' port: 80.
> >
> > What does this do?
>
> It sets up a proxy server for outgoing http requests.
>
> > Is it relevant to our copy of squeaksource.com that is currently running on http://box3.squeak.org?
>

> It's irrelevant for serving, but e.g. if you use a Monticello http repository it would try to use that proxy. Better to clean it out.
>
> - Bert -

Good, thanks.

The setting is disabled in our squeaksource image that is currently running at
http://box3.squeak.org, so I'll leave it that way.

Monticello http repository access is working for me without problems. Yesterday
I made some updates to this repository, and it worked as expected:

MCHttpRepository
	location: 'http://box3.squeak.org/CommandShell'
	user: 'myuser'
	password: 'mypasswd'