[Box-Admins] How does Jenkins start?

Ken Causey ken at kencausey.com
Sun Feb 9 21:30:23 UTC 2014

I agree with you that it seems there should be another level, for local
configuration, in a separate location but I don't believe that has
become standard policy in Debian.  Of course many programs will have
their own separate configuration files and I have to wonder if what you
want to change can't be changed in a jenkins specific config file.  But
I double checked and /etc/default/jenkins is marked in the package as a
configuration file meaning that upgrading the package won't simply stomp
the file before asking.