[Box-Admins] Proposed week-long shutdown of Jenkins

David T. Lewis lewis at mail.msen.com
Thu Feb 20 17:11:05 UTC 2014

What problem are we trying to solve here?

If there are Jenkins jobs that cause problems, and if those problems
cannot be addressed right away, then the appropriate thing to do is
disable them using the normal Jenkins console. If an explanation is
needed, just update the job description to say what is going on.

A little bit of updating of the Jenkins job descriptions would do no harm
in any case. Sort of like a class comment: "I am a Jenkins job that tests
the FreebleBaz package. If I stop working, please contact
bilbo at baggins.org".

:)

Dave