[Box-Admins] Proposed week-long shutdown of Jenkins

Frank Shearar frank.shearar at gmail.com
Thu Feb 20 22:34:34 UTC 2014

On 20 February 2014 22:30, Chris Cunnington <websela at yahoo.com> wrote:
> OK, well, nobody thinks that's a good idea, so it probably isn't.
>
> And yet box2 runs a version of Linux from 2006 or something like that.
>
> Sooo, perhaps there's a season for upgrades and I posit that after version of Squeak has been released may be that time.
> When Frank goes on his trip he knows Jenkins maybe a bit odd because it's been upgraded to a new version? No?
>
> In the seasons that are Squeak there probably needs to be a window for this kind of thing.

Maybe run the idea past Chris Muller, because CI impacts 4.5's release
process. But maybe not heavily: I _think_ I remember Chris & I
agreeing that a human would take a ReleaseSqueakTrunk artifact and
give it a final polish anyway, and we do have a release candidate out
that hasn't had any reported problems...

If Chris is OK with it, and releases 4.5, I think that's a fine time
to upgrade bits that need upgrading. We froze Jenkins' auto-upgrading
for a time, but it was a stopgap measure. I just won't be able to help
out with anything until March.

frank