[Box-Admins] Cog VM on box4

Ken Causey ken at kencausey.com
Fri Feb 21 20:20:27 UTC 2014

After a first crude attempt at a .deb for Cog built and installed
yesterday I neatened things up a bit today, built a new .deb, removed
the one installed yesterday, and installed the improved one.  Further
improvement is warranted but I think this will suffice for the moment.

As part of this I started moving some stuff out of my home directory
into /root/ for more general use/reference.

/root/localdebs/ now contains the .deb files of those packages I have
built myself and installed.  This included cog and djbdns at this point.

/root/localbuild/cogdeb.zip contains the 'system' I put together to make
the cog package.  There is a README in it.

Note that as of this version Cog is installed as cogvm and should be run
as cogvm (/usr/bin/cogvm).

This will make it easier to install a classic interpreter VM and avoid
conflict.