[Box-Admins] Squeak*.sources on box4

David T. Lewis lewis at mail.msen.com
Sat Feb 22 19:27:47 UTC 2014

On Fri, Feb 21, 2014 at 07:03:51PM -0600, Ken Causey wrote:
> Similarly to the Cogvm package I setup a system to generate a .deb for
> the sources files and installed it on box4.  All of the sources are
> extracted in and can be linked to from /usr/lib/squeak/sources/.
> Whenever possible please link to these rather than have your own
> copy taking up more space on the filesystem.
>
> The .deb can be found at
>
> /root/localdebs/squeak-sources_4.1-1_all.deb
>
> and the build 'system' at
>
> /root/localbuild/squeak-sourcesdeb.zip

Last year I compiled and installed a debian package for the interpreter VM
(package name squeakvm) for use on box3. So I have added a /root/localdebs/
on box3 to match what you have done on box4, and I put the deb files there:

  /root/localdebs/squeakvm_20131020-1_i386.deb
  /root/localdebs/squeakvm64_20131020-1_i386.deb

I put the same two files on box4 also, but did not install the VM.