[Box-Admins] Re: [squeak-dev] Re: [Seaside] SqueakSource/Seaside question - has anyone seen this problem before?

David T. Lewis lewis at mail.msen.com
Mon Jan 13 23:36:42 UTC 2014

On Tue, Jan 14, 2014 at 12:10:56AM +0100, Tobias Pape wrote:

> On 14.01.2014, at 00:00, Chris Muller <asqueaker at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> >> It seems clear (as previously noted) that we really need to update our
> >> source.squeak.org and squeaksource.com images to use an up to date Seaside.
> >
> > A prerequisite to that is to update our source.squeak.org and
> > squeaksource.com images to be 4.5 images.
> >
> > Just FYI -- I've done with the source.squeak.org backup on box4.  It's
> > running the code which is committed to the "ss" repository of
> > source.squeak.org (so, self hosting its own code) in a 2-month old
> > trunk image.
> >
> > A future step to update Seaside in there would be nice.
>
> Or, y'know, just upgrade to SS3 in the forseable future?

This is going to sound ignorant because it is ... would it be feasible
to move the current squeaksource.com repository onto SS3 and keep it
running as if (from the user point of view) nothing had happened?

My goal for squeaksource.com is to keep it reliable and available as a
resource to the community. I updated it to match the code base for
source.squeak.org for that reason only. If the repository could be
moved to SS3 to provide a more reliable system, that might be a very
good thing.

The only thing from my personal point of view is that I cannot put a
great deal of time into development or changes to the system. I just
want squeaksource.com to work and be reliable, that is all.