[Box-Admins] Re: [squeak-dev] Re: [Seaside] SqueakSource/Seaside question - has anyone seen this problem before?

Chris Muller asqueaker at gmail.com
Tue Jan 14 00:16:27 UTC 2014

> My goal for squeaksource.com is to keep it reliable and available as a
> resource to the community. I updated it to match the code base for
> source.squeak.org for that reason only. If the repository could be
> moved to SS3 to provide a more reliable system, that might be a very
> good thing.

The code base for source.squeak.org running on that old image from
Bert, while maybe better than what squeaksource.com was running
before, has a lot of its own problems which have been fixed in the
"source.squeak.org/ss" repository.

> The only thing from my personal point of view is that I cannot put a
> great deal of time into development or changes to the system. I just
> want squeaksource.com to work and be reliable, that is all.

Really, for that goal we need no more than to look to the code in our
own basement.  There's more work that could be done and I, personally,
would _love_ to see commits to that repository get mailed to the list
and that we, as a community, would care about a reference example
Web-server application powering and powered-by, Squeak.