[Box-Admins] David!: SqueakSource.com problem

David T. Lewis lewis at mail.msen.com
Thu Jan 23 16:52:31 UTC 2014

On Thu, Jan 23, 2014 at 09:36:05AM -0600, Ken Causey wrote:
> On 01/23/2014 09:23 AM, Ken Causey wrote:

> >>An update:
> >>
> >>I was reminded of the README, which reminded me of the basic problem
> >>(WideString name likely) and how I could get into the image.  By the way
> >>your solution for this is pretty handy.  FYI sudo svstat ssdotcom tells
> >>you the pid.  I'm in the image over VNC now and there is a workspace
> >>there discussing the issue, which I'm now reading.
> >>
> >>Ken
> >
> >So not unexpectedly there is one problem user name "Isidro Liz?aga
> >Cruz".  The solution is clear enough, I just need to figure out the
> >proper way to adapt Isidro's name.
> >
> >Ken
>
> Well, I've not yet found how to properly fix Isidro's name yet but I
> decided I better just do something so the site is working again.  So I
> shortened it to 'Isidiro Cruz' for now.  I'll keep looking and perhaps
> send him email.

Thanks very much Ken,

I just looked in the image and there are no WideString user names now, so
whatever you did took care of the problem, much appreciated.

FYI this bug effects source.squeak.org also. We just do not happen to have
any members with wide string user names at the moment.

The SS3 code base apparently resolves the problem, so presumably the permanent
fix is to update our source.squeak.org and squeaksource.com images accordingly.
I'm not working on that, but I'll try to find a way to prevent the symptoms
from coming back.