[Box-Admins] Intent to upgrade box4 VM from VMr.2776 to VM.r2987

David T. Lewis lewis at mail.msen.com
Fri Jun 27 23:07:05 UTC 2014

Hi Chris

The upgrade sounds fine, although I think we are going to have a package
conflict between the Cog installation and the original squeakvm installation.
Most probably the Debian package manager is not going to be happy about that.

We currently have squeakvm (interpreter VM) installed on box3 and box4 in the
standard locations and directories. The debs are in /root/localbuilds, as
per the Ken Causey conventions (along with our notes in /root/admin-log.txt).

I expect that adding a local deb for Cog probably will just require restricting
the package to the binaries (not all the help files and such), and presumably
renaming the start script so that it does not step on /usr/local/bin/squeak.

I'll be happy to help you sort this out, assuming I have Eliot's support
for any naming changes.

p.s. Thanks for bringing this up on box-admins before making the change.
Much appreciated :-)

Dave