[Box-Admins] update 1 -- intermezzo

Chris Cunnington websela at yahoo.com
Wed Mar 12 16:06:56 UTC 2014

It's been brought to my attention that I've been reading the Makefile in box2 wrong.
This is certain, because I though the symbols were BASH. They're not. Makefile has it's own, apparently.

cat Makefile

data.cdb: data
	/usr/bin/tinydns-data
	rm data

data: data.in cdegroot-secondary.data.in
	cat $? >$@

I've been concerned with the first part.
The second part is about this file [1] which has not been updated since 2007. I think it can be ignored.
Try this:

http://www.cdegroot.com/

Though I will admit I just had to open Intro To GCC to grok how wrong I was about how Makefiles work.
I'm of the opinion that this part of the Makefile is legacy and can be removed.

I have to go to an appointment and will be away for several hours.

Chris

[1]

cat cdegroot-secondary.data.in
.cdegroot.com:85.10.192.171:a