[Box-Admins] update 2

Chris Cunnington websela at yahoo.com
Thu Mar 13 14:56:34 UTC 2014

Tobias did some great work yesterday. As the TTL was set at the default we'll know for certain the full effects by UTC 21:40, which will be 24 hours after he posted to the box list about his changes.

I'm sure that when people check the services they will find he did a great job and everything is fine.

In the event that something is left out, I would ask that he go in and make some changes he thinks may be necessary. I'd like to add one suggestion.
Please append each line with :3600 to set the TTL to one hour. If something is wrong and it takes another day to see the problem wash out, after that it will be an iteration period of only 3600 seconds.
Added to which, Levente has suggested that some services should be left at that TTL, as it assists with analysis when things go wrong. You'd have to ask him further about what that means.

So a line that looked like this:

+klickt.info:85.10.192.171
would look like this:

+klickt.info:85.10.192.171:3600

I'm sure that Tobias got it right the first time and that this is just some brainstorming for the future.

Thank you for your patience,
Chris