[Box-Admins] box2 process terminated for old homepage

Chris Cunnington websela at yahoo.com
Mon Mar 17 03:10:40 UTC 2014

I went into box2 and killed the old homepage image. You can see the line that was the process here [1].
This also involved deleting the symlink as well. [2] The service directory in /home/website is now gone as well.

The wildcard DNS routes unknown subdomain requests to some daemontools service for looking at old mailing lists. I don't think it's a process.
It's some kind of cgi-bin thing. Check it out:

http://foobar.squeak.org

Deleting symlinks and service directories is a tad barbaric. I'm getting under svc -d /service/fooservice and such to stop services instead.
But this is a sunset box. By St. Patrick's Day next year, it will be gone.

Chris

[1]

website    577 24.9 10.2 1051420 99212 ?     S    Mar16  44:39 /usr/bin/squeakvm -vm-display=none /home/website/website/squeaksite.image

[2]

/service
lrwxrwxrwx   1 root root   24 Sep 27  2008 www.squeak.org -> /home/website/servicenew