[Box-Admins] box2 process terminated for old homepage

Chris Muller ma.chris.m at gmail.com
Mon Mar 17 15:12:04 UTC 2014

> May we please retain the old site a while longer (at some different
> url or even IP is fine)?  I would like to actually finally _read_ it
> all the way, but it disappeared before I had a chance.
>
> Thanks.
>

> Read it on your computer in localhost [1].
>
> I don't think there's any really need to be sentimental about the old site.
> I killed the process to use the cycles for productive processes.

Hey Chris, I know everyone appreciates the work you did on the new
site and I'm glad you had free-reign to make it good without a lot of
overhead.  Going forward, could you possibly take a more conservative
tact esp. w.r.t. moving, killing and deleting long-running stuff?
Maybe a little notice to the community, or at least leaving yourself
in a position to reverse your actions in case there might be a
community need for some file before you unilaterally zap it into
oblivion?

Look to how Ken would have handled such a thing, or how David Lewis
handled the transition of squeaksource.com, or how I tried to handle
the 4.5 release -- by being slow, methodical, and involving the
community.

Thanks.