[Box-Admins] new website and webteam (was: serving files from box4)

Chris Cunnington websela at yahoo.com
Sat Mar 29 16:53:47 UTC 2014

On Mar 29, 2014, at 12:32 PM, Chris Muller <asqueaker at gmail.com> wrote:

> Levente is right, we need to get the new website set up under a
> webteam id, that only has access to what it needs for the website.

Yea, it could use it's own directory such as /home/website.

In the /home/chrisucnnington/service/run file is this:

#!/bin/bash

/usr/bin/cogvm -vm display=none /home/chriscunnington/squeak.org/Squeak4.4-12327.image /home/chriscunnington/squeak.org/squeaksite.st

I imagine it needs something like su -l chriscunnington "the command listed above" to make it not run as root.

> Chris C., yourself, and Timothy (if he wants), and I'm interested too,
> added as group members.
>
> This would take care of the immediate security need, as well as
> distribute some of the burden currently concentrated on Chris C.

That would be nice.

> Chris C., is this something you would like to handle or would you
> prefer someone else do it?

I'm more than happy for people to participate in this. In a wide variety of ways, I'm not Andreas Raab. If people think they shouldn't get involved because I'd be offended, because I'm a maestro or something, then please disabuse yourselves of that notion. I'd like nothing more to wake one morning, sip coffee, and decipher the improvements other people have made. (Please list them on a list somewhere.) If you let me set the the bar with what I know, then it's going to be a pretty low bar. And what's worse, I won't learn anything new.

Have a nice weekend,
Chris