[Box-Admins] Re: [Board] Disk space is low on box3

David T. Lewis lewis at mail.msen.com
Sun Nov 2 20:33:10 UTC 2014

On Sun, Nov 02, 2014 at 12:02:57PM -0500, David T. Lewis wrote:
> On Sun, Nov 02, 2014 at 09:31:31AM -0600, Chris Muller wrote:
> > On Sat, Nov 1, 2014 at 8:07 PM, Levente Uzonyi <leves at elte.hu> wrote:
> > > Hi All,
> > >
> > > There's less than 3GB (out of 60) free disk space at the moment on box3, and
> > > it keeps decreasing.

<snip>

> Just as an example, if we remove the older entries from ~jenkins/jobs/SqueakTrunk,
> we would free up 1GB from that job alone. But I think that all of the jobs
> require attention.

Oops, my arithmetic was off by a zero, it looks more like 9 or 10GB could be
freed up here.

Frank, I made an off-line backup (tar backup to my home PC) of everything
in the ~jenkins/jobs/SqueakTrunk/builds directory from build 177 through
build 699. That includes all of the images built from 2013-02-21 through
2013-12-19.

Is there value in keeping those build artifacts on line? If not, may I have
your permission to delete them, leaving the remaining builds from 2013-12-19
through the present on line? I can give you a copy of the backup, or move it
to some other location if we want to keep it on line.

Thanks,