Hi Cees! Have you changed your DNS recently? (was:Re: [Box-Admins] DNS server down)

Chris Cunnington brasspen at gmail.com
Tue Nov 25 16:27:17 UTC 2014

Without thinking about it, I propose that it’s Cees de Groot. ( I’ve cc’d Cees. If it’s not you, Cees, I apologize in advance. )
I say this based on two past experiences. The first was several years ago he made a change to something he was doing and it hammered our DNS for as long as it took for us to contact him. I think it was because he was on GoDaddy and was protesting GoDaddy for some reason and was moving to Gandi. It was something like that.
The second is I recall Ken giving me a lecture about the old days, people providing reciprocal slave box service, etc, etc. I was asking about material in box2 I didn’t understand, and I got a lecture, he mentioned Cees use to be the slave DNS for Squeak. Useful now I guess.
He may have moved his homepage http://www.cdegroot.com <http://www.cdegroot.com/> recently.

Chris