[Box-Admins] Re: [squeak-dev] We need to move Squeak services for the new servers ASAP.

Levente Uzonyi leves at elte.hu
Fri Oct 3 00:46:37 UTC 2014

On Thu, 2 Oct 2014, Chris Muller wrote:

> (Moved to box-admins)
>
> And, I imagine the wiki and SqueakMap can be moved relatively easily.
> I am planning to look at those as soon as I can.
>
> That leaves the email lists and..?

Mantis, the complete mailing system, the mailing lists, and the
DNS servers.
IIRC the DNS servers are already installed (not sure if they are
configured or not) on the new boxes (IIRC by Tobias), but for some reason
the name servers for the squeak.org domain are defined as
a.ns.squeakfoundation.org, and b.ns.squeakfoundation.org.
This means that if we want to use the new boxes as nameservers, then these
records have to be updated, but that can only be done my the owner of
squeakfoundation.org (Cees de Groot).
IIRC Ken tried to achieve that for a long time without success.
Another way to solve this - and I think it would be a better solution - is
to move these NS records to the squeak.org domain itself, but that can
only be done by the owner of the squeak.org domain (Daniel H. H. Ingalls, Jr.).

Since box2 is the main DNS server, it has to stay up till the NS records
are updated.

Levente