[Box-Admins] RE: [squeak-dev] http://build.squeak.org/ down?

David T. Lewis lewis at mail.msen.com
Sat Oct 18 20:41:41 UTC 2014

On Fri, Oct 17, 2014 at 04:03:43PM +0100, Frank Shearar wrote:
> On 17 October 2014 03:35, David T. Lewis <lewis at mail.msen.com> wrote:
> > On Thu, Oct 16, 2014 at 11:18:22AM +0200, Levente Uzonyi wrote:
> >> I guess this belongs more to the box-admins list, so I moved it here.
> >> I killed 45 runaway processes, and found that jenkins is down.

> >> I think it would be worth restarting jenkins, but disabling all but one of
> >> these VM-related processes until this is fixed.
> >> It would help if you could give us some pointers about what is wrong, and
> >> where to start looking around.
> >>

> > +1
> >
> > I restarted Jenkins so the build.squeak.org site will be active, but we really
> > need to clean this up.
> >
> > Frank, do you agree with Levente's suggestion to disable projects until the
> > issue is resolved?
>
> I'm not in a position to do much about things until week after next:
> personal emergency. Do whatever you think is appropriate to mitigate
> the problem.

All the best to you Frank, I will try to keep a closer eye on it while
you are away.

For now I have just disabled the ExternalPackages project. I had to kill
a bunch of disconnected Squeak VMs and restart Jenkins, but I noticed that
all of those VMs appeared to be associated with the ExternalPackages
workspace. I'll keep all the others enabled for now, and see if the problem
comes back.