[Box-Admins] Re: box4 is inaccessible

David T. Lewis lewis at mail.msen.com
Tue Dec 1 13:56:12 UTC 2015

On Tue, Dec 01, 2015 at 12:42:33PM +0100, Levente Uzonyi wrote:
> That's probably because someone has registered with a name containing wide
> characters, so the whole page is served as a WideString. This bug has
> happened a few times before, and I don't remember what the
> temporary solution was, but I think Dave knows.
>
> Levente

That is probably it. Note that St??phane Rollandin (spfa) has just registered
a new account. That is probably showing up on the source.squeak.org home
page, and blowing up when the wide string is displayed.

I see the same thing on squeaksource.com from time to time. If we do
nothing, it will probably "fix" itself in a little while (after Stef's
activity becomes old news and scrolls off the home page).

If the problem does not go away by itself, may need to fix it in the
source.squeak.org image, which involves finding the offending WideString
and patching it to be displayable.

The good news is that we are adding a more diverse range of developers
to source.squeak.org :-)

Dave