[Box-Admins] Fwd: [Board] Daily Commit Log has disappeared

David T. Lewis lewis at mail.msen.com
Tue Jan 27 13:19:16 UTC 2015

Hi Levente,

There is no chroot required.

The cron script does not need to run from the chroot environment. The
only thing that I tried to change was the location of the script, which
is now in /srv/box2/home/squeaksource/dailycommits/ instead of its
original location in /home/squeaksource/dailycommits/. Aside from that,
it is just a shell script that works with files in its own directory.

Note, there is a typo in my note below, the cron entry will be:

55 23 *   *   *    /srv/box2/home/squeaksource/dailycommits/dailycommits.sh

As far as I know, the only problem right now is that the dailycommits.sh
script tries to send mail to "commits at source.squeak.org", and this does
not work. I do not know much about the mail system configuration, so
I don't know how to solve that problem.

Thanks,

Dave