[Box-Admins] cogspurlinuxht under daemontools

Chris Muller ma.chris.m at gmail.com
Thu Jun 18 21:30:49 UTC 2015

I am having trouble using the "HT" version of the Spur VM under
daemontools.  When the daemon attempts to launch the image it gets the
familiar pthread error:

pthread_setschedparam failed: Operation not permitted
Read e.g. http://www.mirandabanda.org/files/Cog/VM/VM.r3370/README.3370

however, I *definitely* have my /etc/security/limits.d/squeak.conf
file set up as instructed (been working fine for ages), and in fact
I'm able to run the same image with the same startup script under the
same uidgid manually.  (e.g., I'm able to cut-n-paste the line from my
"run" script into the terminal and it works fine...)

     exec setuidgid magma /usr/local/bin/spur -vm display=none
server-spur.image $DIR/run.st `cat port`

... but when daemontools runs it, gets the pthread error.  Weird!  Any ideas?