[Box-Admins] Re: Wiping Eliot's versions Re: [squeak-dev] automated way to delete specific trunk packages?

Chris Muller asqueaker at gmail.com
Mon May 11 02:39:56 UTC 2015

On Sun, May 10, 2015 at 7:29 PM, David T. Lewis <lewis at mail.msen.com> wrote:
> On Sat, May 09, 2015 at 08:04:10PM +0200, Tobias Pape wrote:

>> > I don't think the Seaside console is enabled, so yes.
>> >

>> Then i can't do it before monday.
>> Anybody else to take a chance?
>>
>> Best regards
>>       -Tobias
>

> Tobias,
>
> I did not have time to follow up on this, but I will do so Monday evening
> if you (or someone else) has not been able to do it.
>
> In addition to deleting files from the file system, here is what I think
> needs to be done in the SS image (please tell me if I am wrong):
>
>   allVersions := (SSRepository current projectAt: 'trunk') versions.
>   spurEntries := allVersions keys  select: [:e | '*spur*' match: e name ].
>   spurEntries do: [ :e | allVersions removeKey: e ].

The above looks right to me, although maybe we should reinstate the
removeVersion: API...

> If I make the changes I'll just download the image, fix it, and load it
> back to box4.squeak.org.

Great thanks.  Would you please make a backup of the current one
first, just in case?

> The ss.log file will tell us if any updates were
> missed, so I think this will be good enough (but we should get the VNC
> service working too).

I have already been working on the SS code which supports
source.squeak.org for the last several weeks.  It is running under Cog
in the latest trunk image and has remote-control set up per Levente's
advice (using SqueakRFB).  The history is there but its not being kept
up to date, that's my next step and my plan is to finish this upgrade
as part of this 4.6 release.