[Box-Admins] Wiping Eliot's versions Re: [squeak-dev] automated way to delete specific trunk packages?

Tobias Pape Das.Linux at gmx.de
Mon May 11 16:45:35 UTC 2015

On 11.05.2015, at 18:42, Chris Muller <asqueaker at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Mon, May 11, 2015 at 1:04 AM, Tobias Pape <Das.Linux at gmx.de> wrote:

>>> Tobias,
>>>
>>> I did not have time to follow up on this, but I will do so Monday evening
>>> if you (or someone else) has not been able to do it.
>>>
>>> In addition to deleting files from the file system, here is what I think
>>> needs to be done in the SS image (please tell me if I am wrong):
>>>
>>> allVersions := (SSRepository current projectAt: 'trunk') versions.
>>> spurEntries := allVersions keys  select: [:e | '*spur*' match: e name ].
>>> spurEntries do: [ :e | allVersions removeKey: e ].
>>

>> No that does not work.
>> Sending #versions to a SSProject just yields a copy of the actual versions
>> with all 'deleted' marked versions being ommitted;
>
> Wow, that is bad code -- an accessor should be named as the accessor
> and the filtering method something different...

Bad code or not, its a design decision made somewhen before 2008.
We just have to deal with it. Also, it was done this way to prevent loss.

Also, you typically don't want to deal with the deleted-filtering. Sending
#versionsWithoutDeleted all over the place is even worse code, no matter what.
It was the most practical solution back then, I suppose.

Best regards
	-Tobias