[Box-Admins] [Board] Re: Moving box3 off Gandi hosting

Tobias Pape Das.Linux at gmx.de
Mon Aug 29 19:24:12 UTC 2016

Hi David

On 29.08.2016, at 19:43, David T. Lewis <lewis at mail.msen.com> wrote:

> On Mon, Aug 29, 2016 at 07:04:48PM +0200, Tobias Pape wrote:
>> Hi,

>>> I have not seen a reply, but we certainly need to respond. It's probably
>>> best to have one person acting as our point of contact just to avoid
>>> confusion (Tim, is that you?).
>>>
>>> We will need to rely on Levente for overall guidance and expertise,
>>> but the board needs to take ownership of communicating the strategy and
>>> direction (this should to a main topic for our next SOB meeting). We
>>> also need to identify the scope of work to be done, and find suitable
>>> volunteers to drive each of the services that needs to be migrated, and
>>> to do the actual work of migrating them.
>>>
>>> For starters, I will volunteer to do the migration of squeaksource.com
>>> from box3.squeak.org to the new Rackspace servers.
>>
>> FWIW, The last person that spoke technically with Bradley was me.
>> If I can be of help?
>

> Tobias,
>
> Per Tim, I think that Chris is our "official" point of contact, but you
> are also very familiar with the server infrastructure, so I think that
> if you could respond to Bradley with CC to Chris and box-admins, that
> would be very helpful. The important thing is to make sure that Bradley
> knows that we got the message and that we are taking it seriously.

Well, I didn't mean to skip official contacts here. I just may be able to answer one or the other question.
Also, Bradley typically hangs out in a certain IRC channel, were we talked about some changes that are necessary to our servers (unrelated to the current issue).
I think it is better if Chris remains in contact…

Best regards
	-Tobias