[Box-Admins] Re: source.squeak.org upgrade

David T. Lewis lewis at mail.msen.com
Fri Jun 24 00:12:54 UTC 2016

On Thu, Jun 23, 2016 at 01:38:57PM -0500, Chris Muller wrote:

>     - ability to connect to the server image via RFB instead of having
> to kill and restart it

For the squeaksource.com image, I wired up the RFB with OSProcess so that
if you send a SIGUSR2 to the VM, it wakes up the RFB server and gives you
60 seconds in which to establish a connection and log in with a known (not
so secret) password. Given the limited number of people with shell access,
it seems reasonably secure and works fine. I can help you add that to the
new source.squeak.org if you like.