[Box-Admins] FYI - I restart Jenkins on box3 every once in a while

David T. Lewis lewis at mail.msen.com
Fri May 6 01:01:42 UTC 2016

Every once in a while, I notice that the InterpreterVM project on build.squeak.org
starts failing due to job timeouts. Usually I find that the java process for
Jenkins is hogging all of the system CPU.

When this happens, I restart Jenkins, and the problem goes away for a few weeks.

I do not know the cause of the Jenkins problem, but I thought I should mention that
I have been doing this so that other box-admins are aware.

I restarted Jenkins about a half hour ago, then started an InterpreterVM job. The
job seems to have run successfully, but Jenkins seems stuck again and its Java process
is again consuming all available CPU.

I will restart Jenkins once more, and take a look at it again tomorrow.