[Box-Admins] [Board] squeaksource.com is down - checking it now

David T. Lewis lewis at mail.msen.com
Sat Nov 5 19:58:40 UTC 2016

I have been working off line on the hung image (~squeaksourcecom/SqueakSource/squeaksource.5.image),
and I am unable to break out of the error condition that is hanging the image.

The last previous good backup is in ~/SqueakSource/BACKUPS/ss-image-save-20161005.tgz,
which was taken on October 5 at the time I brought up the system on Rackspace. Rackspace
itself may have more recent backups.

I am going to try to bring the service back on line using that backup, which I will
rename as squeaksource.6.image. I am not confident that this will work, because I
suspect an underlying issue related to new class formats that the old image does
not understand.

I am keeping notes in the ~squeaksource/README file.

Dave

I am going to attempt to bring squeaksource.com back on line from a