[Box-Admins] State of the boxen

Tobias Pape Das.Linux at gmx.de
Mon Nov 21 23:21:26 UTC 2016

Hi Brett

On 17.11.2016, at 18:20, Brett Smith <brett at sfconservancy.org> wrote:

> On 11/07/2016 12:04 PM, Brett Smith wrote:
>

>> On 11/04/2016 07:18 PM, Tobias Pape wrote:
>>
>>> @Brett: I do not intend to upgrade any of those hosts anymore. We would need to power-cycle which is counterproductive now and unnecessary shortly, anyway. Ok with the SFC?
>> Tobias,
>>
>> Yes, this is fine. They’re your boxes, so it’s your call.
>>

> Tobias,
>
> This is still fine with Conservancy, but unfortunately it’s not fine with Gandi. They’re going to do some maintenance starting at 11:00 UTC on the 22nd. As part of that, they will power cycle any boxes that haven’t been cycled since the patch became available.
>
> If you want to schedule a time to do that which would be less disruptive, let me know and I’ll be happy to coordinate with you. I’m generally available this weekend, so I could even work with you then if it would be helpful.

I'm happy to tell you that no active service is running on the boxen (save some infrastructure, but that's negligible).
Reboot/Shutdown at will.

@Board,box-admins: I hereby declare box3, box4, and franken-box2 deceased. They are no more. They have expired and gone to meet their creator. They have ceased to exists. They're demised, they are no more, they kicked the bucket. These are ex-boxen.

Best regards
	-Tobias